The George Mason Democrats take voting rights very seriously. Please let us know if you have any questions about voting or registering. You can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling or texting our voter hotline at (703) 214-4450.
How to register to vote on-campus:
- Make sure you meet the guidelines to register to vote:
- Are you a citizen of The United States of America?
- Do you reside in the US and in the Commonwealth of Virginia?
- If you have ever been convicted of a felony or judged mentally incapacitated and disqualified to vote, have your rights been restored?
- Will you be at least 18 years of age by the date of the next general election?
- If you meet the guidelines, great! Next, email email@example.com or find one of our volunteers around campus between now and October 16th to ask for a voter registration form! They’ll help you fill it out and make sure everything is done correctly.
- For your residence address, make sure you put the campus mailroom address: 4450 Rivanna River Way, Fairfax, VA 22030
On Election Day, you may vote at Merten Hall – the same building as Panda Express & Manhattan Pizza, right near Northern Neck and the Rappahannock Parking Deck.
Make sure you bring your Mason ID with you to vote. There may be a short line, so be sure to allocate around 20 minutes to vote so you’re not late to class.
If you have issues voting, ask for the Chief Election Officer and also report it to our volunteers outside of Merten Hall who will help you get in contact with a lawyer if you are unable to vote.